A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for. ~John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Friendz is Da Best.

First of all, spring break is a glorious thing. I made it through midterms with only about 90% of my brain shutting down and refusing to work anymore. I almost missed my supershuttle, and subsequently, my flight home, but when all was said and done I made it and am now sitting in my old bedroom at home in NH.

Last night I got to spend a lot of time with a couple of friends I haven't seen all that much since high school, particularly in the last year. It's always been one of those "let's hang out!" "okay!" "oh shit, I'm leaving tomorrow, sorry," kind of things. I always let stuff get away from me. 

We hung out in their dorm room and went out to dinner and then just hung out some more. It was a pretty uneventful night, but was altogether one of the best nights I've had in a really long time. It always surprises me how much you can learn from, and about, a person you've known for a while. People assume that they know every worthwhile thing there is to know about someone after they've known them for six months, a year, or two years. Turns out that isn't true, that you can always learn something new and interesting about someone. 

Also, let's think about the fact that there are some people you can make such an effort to keep in your life, and go out of your way to talk to, and spend time with whenever you are geographically compatible, and yet, your relationship sucks. It's shallow, or disinterested, or you just don't click anymore. And then there are people, like Hannah DeBenedictis and Bri Massicotte, that you don't see for a long time and sometimes you don't even talk to for long periods of time, but you get together and you all have a great time, and laugh, and have worthwhile conversations and learn a lot from. 

Right now, I have a best friend in Scotland and a best friend in Wisconsin, neither of which I have seen since Christmas break. But I love them! And I love knowing that, like last night, the next time I see them we will have so much to talk about and laugh about and learn from each other. Basically, this blog post is just all about how I love my friends, and I love the that life has presented me with the opportunities to know such awesome people <3



No comments:

Post a Comment